We are out of the office from Saturday 15th September 2018 to Saturday 22nd September 2018.

Australian Visas

Which visa do I need?

Thinking of visiting Australia but not sure which visa you need? Not to worry – Visas4oz have put together a visa guide designed to help you on your route to Oz…

So, what are your reasons for visiting Australia?

I just want to go on holiday/visit family and friends

ETA Tourist VisaThe Australian ETA Tourist Visa is for you. The ETA Tourist Visa is valid for one year from the date of issue, allowing you to stay up for three months on each visit within that year, which is perfect if you’re planning more than one holiday in 2012!

Find out more about the Australian ETA Tourist Visa.

What’s the difference between an ETA Tourist Visa and an E Visa?

I want to go travelling and tour Australia

Australia Long Stay Tourist VisaFor a stay in Australia more than three months, you need an Australian Long Stay Tourist Visa. Visas4oz offer both a 6 month and 12 month Tourist Visa and depending on the amount of time you wish to stay in Oz, either of these visas will do the job.


Australia Long Stay Tourist VisaThe 6 Month Australian Tourist Visa allows a stay in Oz up to 6 months per visit, whereas the 12 Month Australian Tourist Visa allows a stay of up to 12 months per visit; both visas allow you to enter Australia a multiple number of times for 12 months from the date of issue.

Find out more about the 6 Month Tourist Visa or the 12 Month Visa.

I’d like to work while in Australia

Australian Working Holiday VisaIf you’re seeking incidental employment to supplement your stay then you’ll need an Australian Working Holiday visa. This visa provides a young person (aged 18-30) to a 12-month stay in Oz as well as the chance to work.

Find out more about the Australian Working Holiday Visa and eligibility.

I wish to travel to Australia for business purposes

Australian Business VisaThen it’s no doubt you’ll need an Australian Business Visa! Visas4oz offer two types of Business Visas; the first is valid for one year (allowing a max. stay of up to 3 months in that year) and the second is valid for the lifetime of your passport (which is under the same conditions).

Please note that this visa is for strictly business purposes, e.g. meetings, training, conferences or building inspections.

Find out more about the Australian Business Visa.

I’d like to compete in my field of sport in Australia

Sports VisaIf you’re a professional or amateur sportsperson, judge or adjudicator who wants to visit Australia to participate in your field of sport then you’ll need an Australian Sports Visa. Designed for sportspeople who are looking to improve the quality of sport in Australia, the Sports Visa allows you to compete in a specific event/series of events.

Find out more about the Sports Visa and eligibility.

I’d quite like to study in Australia

Student VisaIf you wish to study in Australia then you’ll need a Student Visa. Visit http://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/ for a full list of courses or contact Visas4oz today for more information.


Find out more about the Student Visa and eligibility.

I want to take my gap year in Australia/go for a long trip

Australia Long Stay Tourist VisaIf you wish to visit Australia for the whole duration of your gap year then the 12 Month Australia Long Stay Tourist Visa is for you. This will allow you to stay in Australia for up to 12 months per visit and even lets you to study for up to three months, meaning you wont fall short of funds while on your gap year!

Find out more about the 12 Month Australian Tourist Visa.

I wish to tour Australia while studying

See above (gap year in Australia).

I’ve previously worked in Australia and I’d like to do it again

Second Working Holiday VisaIf you’ve previously worked in Australia for at least three months and met the criteria for the Working Holiday Visa then you can apply for the Australia Second Working Holiday Visa. The Second Working Holiday Visa is designed for applicants who wish to have incident employment to supplement their stay.

Find out more about the Australia Second Working Holiday Visa, eligibility and the seasonal work you can undertake.