ETA Tourist Visa/E Visa

What is the ETA Tourist Visa?

The Australian ETA Tourist Visa, also known as the E Visa/E Visitor Visa, is an electronic visa. The ETA visa is issued electronically by the Government of Australia Immigration computer in Canberra (DIAC).

All successful applications are electronically stored on Australian Government systems so when you arrive at an airport the check-in staff can electronically confirm that you have authority to enter Australia.

For peace of mind Visas4oz will  provide you with a full copy of your visa application.

What’s the difference between an ETA Tourist Visa and an E Visa?

Click here to find out the difference.

Does everyone need an ETA Tourist Visa?
Yes: Unless you are an Australian or New Zealand passport holder, you will need an ETA Tourist Visa to visit Australia.

How do I get one?
Click here to apply online. Visas4Oz are authorised to issue Australian visas.

Alternatively, you can call us on 0044 (0)1270 842670.

How much does it cost?
Visas4Oz charge just £6.99 to process your visa application. Includes credit card fees.

How long does it take?
We will issue your visa within 48 hours. We also offer an Express Instant service for £10.00.

How long is it valid for?
You can enter Australia for one year from the date of issue. It allows you to stay in Australia for up to three months on each visit. If you wish to stay longer than 3 months on any visit please see the long stay visa applications.

Can I work on this visa?
No. The ETA Tourist Visa is for holiday purposes only. You cannot work on this visa. If you wish to work in Australia you will need a Working Holiday Visa.

Conditions of visa issue

Must not engage in any studies or training for  more than 3 months

Must be free from tuberculosis at the time of travel into Australia

Must not have any criminal convictions, for which the sentence(s)

are for a total period of 12 months duration or more, at the time of travel

ETA eligible passports – apply through service providers

If you hold a citizen passport issued by one of the countries or regions listed below, you can apply for an ETA through a travel agent, airline, specialist service provider or an Australian visa office outside Australia. If you hold a non-citizen passport or other travel document, such as a Certificate of Identity, you are not eligible to apply for an ETA.

The following passport holders can obtain an ETA Tourist Visa:

Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, (SAR) Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Republic of San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom – British Citizen, United Kingdom – British National (Overseas), United States of America, Vatican City.

Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months.

Electronic Travel Authority | ETA tourist visas to Australia

Whether you are travelling to Australia for business or pleasure, you will need a valid visa to gain entry. We offer an online application service for an ETA tourist visa, or a business ETA visa. Our visa processing service includes:

  • ETA / E Visa only £6.99
  • Easy online application
  • Issued within 24 hours
  • Visa tracking service
  • Free visa checking & updates
  • Copy of your Official Australian Government tourist visa
  • Online & telephone support

Visas4oz is not affiliated with the Australian Government. If you do not wish to take advantage of the many benefits of applying for an ETA with us, you can make your application to the Australian Government for $20AUD (£11.00).